Core Beliefs & Core Values
May 22, 2010
- God the Father is the one true God, creator and ruler of all, and loving initiator of salvation.
- Therefore, we will worship Him, obey His commands and imitate His character.
- Jesus is God’s Son, who paid the penalty for sin, human disobedience to God.
- Therefore, we will follow Him, warning and teaching everyone that He is their only hope of salvation.
- The Holy Spirit is God, strengthening Christ-followers and convincing others that they need Christ.
- Therefore, we will pray for His wisdom, submit to His direction and boldly share our faith.
- The Bible is God’s perfect, trustworthy and sufficient message, revealing His character and promise of salvation.
- Therefore, we will consistently read, meditate, study, obey and model it.
- The Church is a community of Christ-followers, increasingly reflecting God’s character.
- Therefore, we will meet together to encourage one another toward love and service.
- Worship is the Christ-follower’s loving response to God’s supremacy.
- Therefore, we will treasure and celebrate Him in our thoughts, words and actions.
- Prayer is devoted communication with God, for His glory and our good.
- Therefore, we will continuously confide in Him on behalf of ourselves and others.